CBA
Disqus
JavaScript
Kenya Defence Forces
Kenyatta
Labour
Labour Relations Court
Ministry of Health
National Police Service
Nurses
Social Protection Cabinet
Uhuru Kenyatta
Ukur Yatani

Resume work or be sacked, Uhuru warns nurses

He added that it was unlawful for the nurses to continue with the strike despite the Labour court suspending it for 60 days. The court ordered the parties to attend a conciliation process before filing a report.

Nurses who fail to resume work by Friday morning will be dismissed by both the Ministry of Health and the respective county governments. President Uhuru Kenyatta Wednesday said the striking nurses also risk being arrested should they decide to hold demonstrations or stand in the way of those who resume work.“As the Commander-in-Chief of the Kenya Defence Forces, I have instructed the National Police Service to take stern action against those picketers who may intimidate or otherwise harass the public servants who intend to go to work,” he said.He added that it was unlawful for the nurses to continue with the strike despite the Labour court suspending it for 60 days.“It is therefore greatly disheartening to learn that that some of our nurses have decided to engage in unlawful withdrawal of their labour against the determination of the Employment and Labour Relations Court, said Mr Kenyatta.The court ordered the parties to attend a conciliation process before filing a report.Labour and Social Protection Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani had initially set up mediation team in an effort to resolve the issues. The union, however, ruled out participating in the conciliatory talks, saying the national government had already done its part during the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) negotiation.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

Share this Post

by

Search