What is a CDS Account?
It is an electronic account that holds shares bought at the Exchange
How do I open a CDS Account
By visiting our offices and completing and signing a securities account opening/maintenance form called CDS
What do you need to open a CDS Account? –
- Two recently taken passport size photographs,
- Original National ID or passport.
- KRA Pin Certificate Copy
In the case of a company you need
- The original certificate of incorporation, and if you are an organization registered in any other way you need the certificate of registration.
- Directors of a company will also need to provide their ID Cards and passport size photographs.
- KRA Pin Certificate Copy for the Company and Directors
How can I track my investment
Statements are sent on a monthly basis and upon request. Also, once you trade, a statement is sent at the end of that trading day.
Benefits of having a CDS account-
- Immediate transfer of securities
- Elimination of risks associated with physical certificates such as bad delivery, fake securities among others
- Reduction in paperwork involved in transfer of securities;
- Reduction of transaction cost
- Convenient method of consolidation of CDS accounts
- Holding investments in equity, debt instruments and Government securities in a single account
- Automatic credit into securities account, of shares, arising out of split or a consolidation or a merger among others
What is the minimum investment amount for Unit Trust Fund?
– The minimum amount is Ksh. 500