Genghis Capital’s award–winning research team is comprised of professionals with sector specific specializations and committed with providing deep, extensive and actionable reports that capture both global and regional macro-economic insights, sector insights, in addition to company specific concepts. In line with the rapidly changing East African capital markets, we place great emphasis on research in order to exploit investment opportunities and provide our clients with accurate, timely and actionable information on local developments and market performance. This remains our competitive and comparative advantage.
Genghis Research adopts a top-down approach to market coverage. Liquidity and earnings momentum are key inputs in our market coverage matrix focusing on the top 40 counters listed on the NSE. We concentrate on a broad spectrum of industries and come up with in-depth analysis and reports that seek to demystify complex issues and emerging trends.
- Meet with management of listed companies under coverage at least twice a year to ensure proper understanding of the company’s strategy and developments.
- Arrange for corporate access for both local and international investors who wish to meet with management of various companies. For instance, in March 2019, the Genghis Capital research team facilitated an international corporate access trip for an external delegation, led by a US-headquartered investment bank to meet various government officials in the Treasury and CBK, as well as corporate client.
- Maintenance Reports
a. ) Weekly Strategy Report
We publish a weekly strategy report every Monday encompassing equity and fixed income trading ideas, as well as a macro update and market recap. Additionally, we continue to analyze the performance of our annual equity and fixed income model portfolios against relevant industry benchmarks.
- Earnings Updates
a.) Full year Earnings estimates
Publish forecasts for all companies under coverage a few days to the release of full year results.
b.) Earnings Update (Quarterly, half yearly, nine months and full year)
Publish earnings review for all the companies under coverage within six hours of results release.
- Company Research
We maintain accurate and updated models and produce insightful and well thought out research on companies under coverage at least once a year. Provide research updates within the year as necessitated by new information that significantly changes the initial view.
- Macro & Fixed Income Reports
• Monthly Fixed Income analysis with view on upcoming auctions
• Quarterly East Africa Macro-economic & Fixed Income report
• Economic Survey Review
• Budget Review
• GDP & Balance of Payment report
Provide research on non-listed companies and sectors on a contractual basis. Sectors include Health, Hospitality, Fintech, Agriculture, Education, etc.
ROADSHOWS & CLIENT NETWORKING
Plan and conduct roadshows to local institutional clients (quarterly) and international investors (annually).
Host networking events once a year with institutional and high net-worth clients to engage and strengthen relationships.
We share our industry thoughts and insights with the media houses for consumption by retail investors. This includes television, radio, print and digital.