Money Market Fund
The Genghis Capital Unit Trust Fund is a Collective Investment Scheme (CIS) which was approved by the Kenyan regulator, the Capital Market Authority (CMA), in December 2011. The scheme currently houses the Genghis money market fund: Hela Imara.
This is a conservative risk fund and ideal for clients who have a low risk appetite. Interest is computed and earned daily, and credited to the client’s account monthly for client’s access. The minimum investment amount and minimum additional top up is Kshs. 500. The rate, which is published daily, is net of fees (but gross of withholding tax on interest earned). With a growing pool of funds (AUM) and the development of the G-Kuze app, investing in the fund has become not only attractive but easier.
5 Reasons why you should open a Hela Imara Account
- Capital Preservation – Investments are made in short term secure investments.
- Liquidity – You can cash in all or part of your investments at any working day, as and when the need arises, and the process will take 2 – 4 working days without losing out on already earned interest.
- Flexibility – You can contribute moderately/ infrequently, yet you are still part of a large and diversified portfolio with a good rate.
- Rate – Which is published daily, NET of fees (but gross of withholding tax on interest earned). The rate is determined by the underlying assets on any given day.
- Interest – Enjoy compounding of interest earned; computed daily and credited monthly.
GenCap Hela Imara Fund Fact Sheet: December 2020