Money Market Fund
The Genghis Capital Unit Trust Fund is a Collective Investment Scheme (CIS) which was approved by the Kenyan regulator, the Capital Market Authority (CMA), in December 2011. The scheme currently houses the Genghis money market fund: Hela Imara.
This is a conservative risk fund and ideal for clients who have a low-risk appetite. Interest is computed and earned daily and credited to the client’s account monthly for the client’s access. The minimum investment amount and minimum additional top-up are Kshs. 500. The rate, which is published daily, is net of fees (but gross of withholding tax on interest earned). With a growing pool of funds (AUM) and the development of the G-Kuze app, investing in the fund has become not only attractive but easier.
5 Reasons why you should open a Hela Imara Account
- Capital Preservation – Investments are made in short-term secure investments.
- Liquidity – You can cash in all or part of your investments at any working day, as and when the need arises, and the process will take 2 – 4 working days without losing out on already earned interest.
- Flexibility – You can contribute moderately/ infrequently, yet you are still part of a large and diversified portfolio with a good rate.
- Rate – Which is published daily, NET of fees (but gross of withholding tax on interest earned). The rate is determined by the underlying assets on any given day.
- Interest – Enjoy compounding of interest earned; computed daily and credited monthly.
GenCap Hela Imara Fund Fact Sheet: April 2022